Following Courses are Available for those who are interested in perusing career in foreign Trade (Export-Import) , Shipping, Logistics, better employment opportunities etc or want to start Export-Import Business.
Advanced Certificate in International Trade
(Recognized by IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
The objective of this course is to acquaint the participants with Practical knowledge, which would help them to become Export-Import executives or to start their own Export-Import business.
In the present scenario there are better business opportunities and good job offers for trained people in the field of International Trade (Export – Import). These opportunities otherwise are not available to untrained people due to lack of knowledge and awareness.
Paper I. International Marketing & Organizational Behaviour
- Introduction: Basic of International Marketing.Difference between International and Domestic market.Impact of Globalization, disintermediation and Liberalization on the International market.
- India’s Foreign Trade: Balance of payment. Recent trends in India's foreign trade. Measures to boost India's foreign Trade.
- Global Environment For Exports: Factors affecting world trade World Trade Organization (WTO), UNCTAD and ICC Regional Economic Groupings- EU, LAFTA, NAFTA, SAFTA, SAARC. ASEAN, etc.
- Basic Principles of International Marketing: Market segmentation, Targeting positioning, Brand Image. Identifying foreign markets.Sources of Information and importance of data. Overseas marketing research.Promotion of products in global markets.Product planning and Channels of distribution.
- Organizational Behavior Management: Definition, Its nature and scope. Functions of Management- Planning, staffing and organization. Leading and directing, Control and Evaluation.
- The Human Resource Management: Its management and Development. New insights into human resource management.
- Motivation: Morale and productivity Relieving stress at work place.
Paper II: Export Finance and Banking & Exchange Control Regulations.
- Export Costing:
- Costs Concepts: Fixed, Marginal and Variable Costs.
- Export Pricing, Break Even Analysis.
- Cost Sheet for Exports, including Freight and Insurance.
- International Commercial Terms (INCO 2020).
- Problems on export Pricing.
- Export Finance:
- Preshipment and Post shipment Finance.
- Export Finance in Foreign Currency.
- Scrutiny of Export Letter of Credit and Negotiation of documents under LC.
- Discrepant documents.
- Export credit and Guarantee Corporation (ECGC).
- Deferred payment Exports: Suppliers Credit/ Buyers Credit.
- Project exports.
- EXIM Bank, Its role and functions.
- Factoring and Forfeiting.
- Introduction to FEMA, Authorized Dealers.
- Current account and Capital account Transactions.
- Rupee convertibility on Current/ Capital account.
- FEMA provisions regarding Exports, EEFC and Diamond Dollar Accounts.
- Foreign Currency accounts for Residents and Non Residents.
- Exchange Rate Management:
- FEDAI and its Guidelines.
- Exchange Rate Mechanism.
- Derivatives, Hedging, Options etc.
Paper III. Export Procedure & Documentstion
- DEFINITION :
- Definition of Export and Import.
- Understanding an Export Transaction.
- Preliminaries of starting Export Import Business.
EXCHANGE RATE MECHANISM:
- Role of banks in Foreign Trade Transaction.
- Basic Concepts.
- Outward and Inward remittances in Foreign Exchange.
- Buying and Selling of Foreign Exchange.
- Different types of foreign currency rates.
- NOSTRO, VOSTRO and LORO accounts.
PROCEDURE FOR STARING FOREIGN TRADE ACTIVITY: (Export-Import Business)
- Setting of an Export – Import organisation.
- Categories and types of Exports.
- Online procedure for obtaining IEC and RCMC.
- Identifying and sourcing of the Buyers in the international market.
- Negotiation with the foreign prospective foreign Buyer .
- Forex/FTP policy provision regarding samples and Gifts.
- Export Order, its scrutiny, processing and execution.
- Payment Terms.
- Various methods of settlement of export/ Import transaction,.
- Documents on collection and Letter of Credit, including understand of UCPDC.
- Complete export documents, including principal, auxiliary and regulatory documents.
- Importance of various export documents.
- Export Documents and GST.
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE OF CARGO MEANT FOR EXPORTS:
- Online procedure for filing shipping bill and export declaration.
- Role of customs house agents.
Paper IV. Import Management
- Definition: Need for Imports. Definition and meaning of Imports. How to read Import Export Policy and Procedures.
- Procedures for Imports: Import finance. Opening of Import Letter of credit. External commercial Borrowings. Buyers Credit/Trade Credit. Direct Imports. Retirement of Import documents under an LC or otherwise on collection. FEMA provision regarding Imports.
- Role of Customs and regulations regarding imports Indian customs Act. 1962. Customs Tariff Act, . Filing of Bill of entry. Clearance of cargo at the time of imports. Valuation and assessment of goods for payment of customs duty. Method for calculation of customs duty. Import of Technology, Drawings and Designs. Import of Samples/Gifts. Imports for personal use & Baggage rules. Imports through post and courier.
- GST: Main provisions for Imports/Exports.
- Duty Exemption/ Remission schemes .
Paper V. Foreign Trade Policy
- Preamble Legal Frame work. Various definitions. Govt. objective under Foreign trade Policy. Structure of Import Policy.ITC (HS) classification of Imports.General policy provisions regarding Imports and exports.Promotional Measures.Duty exemption/Remission Scheme.EPCG scheme.SEZ, 100% EOU's, EHTP, STP, SEZ, FTZ etc. Deemed Exports. Current Foreign Trade Policy.
Paper VI. Foreign Trade Logistics
- Logistics Introduction to global logistics. Different modes of shipments. Different modes of operation of shipping. Different modes of transport. Multi modal transport system. Chartering practice. Conference system. Containerization FCL/LCL, CFS, ICD. Third party logistic service providers. CHA, FFA, C&FA, Ship operating agent, NVOCC. Introduction to port operation, harbor facility, terminal facility, VTMS. Customs bonded warehouses. Freight (types and application), freight consolidation. Introduction to custom procedure (logistics). Documentation (logistics). INCOTERM 2020, Selection of INCOTERM. Application of information technology in logistics.
- Cargo Insurance Introduction to need and importance of marine insurance. Basic principles of insurance applicable to cargo clause A, B & C. Ocean, air and inland transit clause. Insurance premiums. Insurance claim procedures, documentation and time limit.